Genital warts...completley lost

Hello, I am a 24 year old male about 7 weeks ago I was diagnosed with genital warts, I have about 15 mostly really small. My dermatologist used cryotherapy and perscribed aldara. I got a second opinion and this doctor thought that microsurgery and then electrocaultry to burn the wart at its root was the best treatment option.

So far I have used the aldara (5 weeks) as perscribed from the time of the cryotherapy from my dermatologist, this seems to have irritated the areas where the cryotherapy occurred but hasnt done a thing to a the warts I found after cryo:

1)Is it possible to be getting results from Aldara without seeing any irritation to the warts that werent treated with cryo? Is it normal to use cryo and aldara together? What is the normal process of aldara because my penis is not red all over like the "during treament" on the aldara website?

2) There is some painful blistering on my scrotum from the aldara (not that I had visible warts there it is just where my penis lay after I put on the aldara)...is this normal? Is it more likely fighting the infection there of just a side effect?

3)Is there a good way to tell what is a wart and what isnt, I asked my dematologist three times (bi-weekly check-ups) and he tells me that it doesnt matter the aldara should take care of it... Is there any way to really tell which bumps are warts or get a good idea?

It is fustrating that every doctor tells me it is not a big deal when HPV is all i think about...

4)Do you endorse a specific treatment option?

Thanks for the help doc, Im really lost.
You should post this in the dermatology forum or the STD forum for doctor Handsfield.  This is a support forum, which doctors usually dont respond to.  If you want some professional advice or facts, I would definitely post your question in the STD thread.  Doctor Handsfield is the most knowledgeable on this topic.  In the meantime, other sufferers may be able to provide some personal experiences and treatments.  Good luck.