A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.4k Members
407168 tn?1202093602

Groin bump??

This is a long question...I will give you a little history.  I have been with my husband for 7 years and am not a cheater!  I had a son last year.  I have an IUD in place and would like to have another child in the future.  I work in the medical field and have seen a lot of illness and infections (hospital and dental).  In 2002 I was poked my a used dental instrument and it did puncture the skin.  I was tested for AIDS several times over a year time frame because my employer did think it was a big deal at the time and I was nieve.  That being said...

Pre-pregnancy
*Swollen lymphnodes or cysts in the groin area.
*headaches
I was told that I just had an infected hair follicle, no big deal.

During Pregnancy
*headaches
*Inner thigh rash that was red, burning, hot, and itchy throughout my third trimester.
*vaginal pimple in the end of my first trimester.
I was treated like a piece of trash off the street..Therefore, I was tested for herpes and the test came up negative, but a gram positive stain.  I was told to treat it like a fungal infection...over the counter cream.  And to treat my inner thigh rash with Benadryl mixed with lotion, due to my current pregnancy.

Post pregnancy (currently)
* My husband has itchy red bumps on his chest and abdomen
* I had a red warm pustule found on my vagina that feels itchy post work out, and it popped.
* I still have headaches.

Since my problem has occured again and it was obviously not addressed properly before, what would you suggest I ask the next medical professional to test me for?  I don't know if I have been exposed to anything?  Thank you for your time.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions