HELP - Red scrotum

Dear Doc,

More than four weeks ago, my scrotum became shiny red with white spots at the pubic hair joints. I also had burning sensation in my underarms with no visible sign. I showed myself to a doctor and I was diagnosed with eczema. Then almost a week later I also developed burning sensation on my inner thighs with my skin becoming slightly dark with small spots at the hair joints. I was given Hydrocortisoni cream for this.

But the condition persisted for another two weeks and then I went to a GP again and I was recommended to use Clovate cream. I have been using this for almost two weeks now but my condition is still persisiting. Now I also get sometimes burning sensation on my scrotum and also on my belt area.

I had protected sex with commercial sex workers around 9 and 12 weeks ago.

Could some advise what could my condition be? Could it be Herpes or warts ? I am really worried. Could I understake any sort of test to diagnose myself. Please reply at the earliest

This could be folliculitis, dermatitis, acne or allergic reaction. In most individuals there are outbreaks of folliculitis from time to time.

Folliculitis is infection and inflammation of the hair follicles. The condition may be superficial (i.e., on the surface of the skin) or deep within the follicles.The most common cause of folliculitis is infection by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus.

Folliculitis symptoms can appear independent of infection. Exposure of the skin to certain chemicals, especially oils and tars, can trigger an outbreak. People with depressed immune systems, diabetes, or obesity have a greater risk of contracting folliculitis than the general population.

Patients with chronic unresponsive folliculitis may require investigation into the source of the infection. S. aureus bacteria can live in the patient's nostrils, periodically triggering a folliculitis outbreak.

Individuals who are predisposed to folliculitis should be extremely careful about personal hygiene. Application of antiseptic washes may help prevent recurrences. A topical antibiotic cream, mupirocin (Bactroban®), has been effective at reducing bacterial colonization in the nostrils. It is applied twice daily for a week and is repeated every 6 months.

If there any of the mentioned medical causes then treating those will reduce the occurence of the condition.
http://www.dermatologychannel.net/follicle/folliculitis.shtml

Some stubborn cases of folliculitis have been responsive to laser-assisted hair removal. This process uses a laser to destroy the follicle. This reduces the scarring that results from folliculitis.

Let us know if you need any other information and consult a skin specialist if the lesion is persistent.

Regards.