Avatar universal

Hard bumpS up and down penis shaft. More in the corpus spogiosum area.

Not too sure what these things are. I have had them for some time now. No one has EVER noticed them other than myself. I'm 28 years old in relatively good shape and I don't have very many sexual partners. I developed these (for lack of a better term) bumps.. on the shaft of my penis.. starting just under where i was circumcised and running down the left and right side (mainly) of the corpus spogiosum. They don't hurt, they don't itch, they don't burn. They don't even seem to pop. They don't look like warts. They're pretty much just barely raised above the skin.. white-ish or skin colored and hard. These things make me extremely self conscious, even though, like I said, no one has ever noticed them in my life other than me.. but *I* know they're there. I have done some research about fordyce, papules, sebaceous cysts, sebaceous prominence and things like that.. but the descriptions are kinda vague. Could these really be sebaceous gland related all the way up at the bottom of my foreskin? Also, do those sebaceous things usually grow in numbers? Please give me some feedback before I have an ischemic attack, thanks.
2 Responses
Avatar universal
forgot to mention.. they are small. a few are larger than others but the majority of them are about the size of a pin head or smaller..
563773 tn?1374246539
What you seem to be having are Fordyce spots. They are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body.

They should be got removed only for cosmetic reasons as they are normally found on the penis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions