A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members
13239857 tn?1429107579

Help! Dark Spot under lip!

Around early November of last year, my lips started to become chapped. Unlike most cases, I decided to neglect my lips and not put any chapstick on them. My lips became rougher and flakier throughout the month with each passing day. Then around the 3rd week of November, a bright red spot appeared under lip! Embarrassed, I tried to heal it asap by applying ungodly amounts of chapstick to it and licking the spot to temporarily soothe the burn. But it was no use, it was still there after all those months! During those months the spot would change colors and textures. Some days it'd be red and have a burning sensation, while other days it'd be brown and have a couple of small flaky spots. Nowadays it's just a subtle dark spot under my lip, but it takes a serious toll on my self confidence. My friends and family tell me I should become a model, but I'm afraid that this spot will hinder my chances of becoming one.

Please. I know this is just a minor problem compared to the rest of all the communities on here, but I'd be extremely happy if someone were to give me advice/solutions to this.

Thanks, Leather_Rebel
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions