Help! Dark Spot under lip!

Around early November of last year, my lips started to become chapped. Unlike most cases, I decided to neglect my lips and not put any chapstick on them. My lips became rougher and flakier throughout the month with each passing day. Then around the 3rd week of November, a bright red spot appeared under lip! Embarrassed, I tried to heal it asap by applying ungodly amounts of chapstick to it and licking the spot to temporarily soothe the burn. But it was no use, it was still there after all those months! During those months the spot would change colors and textures. Some days it'd be red and have a burning sensation, while other days it'd be brown and have a couple of small flaky spots. Nowadays it's just a subtle dark spot under my lip, but it takes a serious toll on my self confidence. My friends and family tell me I should become a model, but I'm afraid that this spot will hinder my chances of becoming one.

Please. I know this is just a minor problem compared to the rest of all the communities on here, but I'd be extremely happy if someone were to give me advice/solutions to this.

Thanks, Leather_Rebel