Around December 2015, I went to some kind of farm in the countryside and a few days later, I got this chapped, dry red ring around my lips, similar to this: https://www.google.co.id/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crutchfielddermatology.com%2Fcaseofthemonth%2Fimages%2FLip-lickers-dermatitis-B-.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.crutchfielddermatology.com%2Fcaseofthemonth%2Fstudies%2Fl_2008_012.asp&docid=Ej5HF02ZROZdVM&tbnid=k9mnw_mYM0f_xM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwis-_Xhv4zaAhXFsY8KHZHMDEcQMwg_KAcwBw..i&w=580&h=387&safe=strict&bih=900&biw=1440&q=chapped%20ring%20around%20mouth&ved=0ahUKEwis-_Xhv4zaAhXFsY8KHZHMDEcQMwg_KAcwBw&iact=mrc&uact=8
A full year later, December '16, it was finally eradicated. This time period in which I got this was during the time when the North Wind blows, which in Chinese calendars, is at the end of the year. Fast forward one year later, December '17, I went to Hokkaido, and boom, there it was again. First, there was a cold sore, and my aunt, who is a pharmatologist, prescribed medications for me. Eventually, about at the start of March, it went away. Now, there is a red rash above my upper lip, which, I suspect, is due to my exposure to chlorine (4 times a week) in the swimming pool. I have been using many types of prescribed medication and lip balm, including:
1. Aciclovir tablets and ointment
3. Burt's Bees lip balm - which was very effective in moisturizing my lips, but every night while I slept (which, there was no way I could've applied it), my lips would harden and form a crust by the next morning, and my mouth would feel clamped shut by an invisible mouth.
4. SebaMed lip balm - I have just started using SebaMed and I think it is helpful in moisturizing, however, it's not doing much other than that.
5. 马油 - horse oil ---- decently effective, assisted in curing the cold sore by moisturizing my lips while the aciclovir did its job.
6. Leimei Moisturizing Cream - This cream packs Vitamin E, which was very effective in healing my chapped lips and the cold sore. I feel that Vitamin E is what I need, as Burt's Bees lip balm (which also contained Vitamin E) was very effective against the rash and cold sore.
According to this link: https://www.livestrong.com/article/190261-how-to-make-shea-butter-lip-balm/, may I have some advice on whether to crush Vitamin E tablets and apply them onto my lips?
Also, I live in Indonesia, so getting quality medical supplies can be a challenge. My Burt's Bees lip balm was given to me by my aunt who lives in Australia, and was passed on to me during the Chinese New Year reunion. Is there any effective medical supplies in Indonesia that is easily accessible?
Additionally, could you please prescribe effective lip balm brands and moisturizing cream? For example, Carmex/Burt's Bees etc? This red rash seems to primarily come from my swimming training in the morning, however, there is the Easter holidays ahead of me (which means no swimming), and I aim to completely eradicate this rash during this period of time. Is there any medication you could prescribe?
Thank you very much.