Dermatology Forum

How do I treat recent red skin rashes on the inside of my lower legs?

In the past month I have developed red rashes on the insides of both lower legs. The skin is quite dry, red and sensitive. I don't think that I usually have sensitive skin. I am using moisturisers for dry skin and it's not working. The area is not itchy. I can't think what is causing it. What could this be and how do i get rid of it?
No doubt you have either a dermatitis (chafing irritation) or, juts maybe, fungus ("jock itch.")  Ttey using 1% hydrocortisone and clotrimazole 1 % (bot OTC.  Apply one in the morning and the other at night.  If you still have the problem in 10 days, I suggest you see a doctor.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions