Avatar universal

How to fix post-acne marks

Hello everyone, 23yo male here, i used to have big acne rashes as a teen and now want to fix the marks left on my skin if possible. Thank you.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello and welcome to the forum.  We appreciate the question.  First, we are a member to member peer community and always recommend you see a doctor in person for evaluation. Scarring after acne is so unfortunate and leaves an emotional toll.   Luckily, dermatologists have different things they can do to eliminate this or at the very least minimize it.  Here is an article that is helpful, you can copy and paste into your browser. https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/guide-to-treating-acne-scars-and-skin-damage  In the article, it has a section that gives a description of three commonly left behind results of teen acne and it helps to identify which you have.  Ice pick: deep but small pits  OR  Boxcar: sharp angles and edges; can be shallow or deep  OR  Rolling: tend to be wide and shallow (wavy look) due to damage under the skins surface.  Skin laser resurfacing is very effective in treating this. A chemical peel is another way that is often economical.  But please talk to a dermatologist for the best approach for you.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions