How to treat black lips resulting from scars

Hi,I'm 16 yrs old and i had a serious allergy called St Johnson's allergy caused by high concentration of sulphur in a medicine that i took 10yrs ago. I was scarred all over my body with blisters with pus coming out sometimes.My lips originally were pink but after the blisters had gone, my lower lip turned extremely dark brown and has been like that for the past ten years with small patches of pink. Please how can i restore my lower lip to its original colour?

You need to drink plenty of water and also keep your lips well moisturised. Apply a medicated lip balm with a sunscreen to avoid damage due to the sun.

Are you allergic to any substances? What symptoms do you have other than the lip lesion? What is your age? Do you smoke?

If your lesions still persist, it would be best to see a skin specialist for a confirmed diagnosis and to rule out any other cause of the spot.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and also about what the specialist advises.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.