I have a mucocele.

I have/had a mucocele on my lower lip for about 3 weeks, my family doctor today used a method I believe called "cauterize"(burning) to remove it.  But right now it looks even worst! It looks absolutely terrible.  I am in horror when I look at my lip where the mococele is and see a white and lightish black surrounding that area.  Almost like a bomb went off.  I've read that there was BETTER ways in removing this without having these hideous results.

But it's only been 1 day so.. What I am asking is was this the correct method to deal with this problem, and will I have scars?!  I can't even eat because I kept drooling. It feels awkward.

I hope this is the right section.  
Please I would love to hear an answer I would be very, very grateful to you!

Yours Truly,

Michael
Hello Michael,

Since it is only one day since you have had your cautery done for the mucocele, so that is the reason for the redness and blackening. Other methods or removal are corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser technique. Whether there will be scarring or not depends on your health and immune status and the depth of the mucosa where the cautery has been done. Minimal scarring is there but if significant scarring occurs, then laser resurfacing can be done to minimize it.
I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Hello Dr. Bhupinder Kaur,

Thank you for taking your time out of your busy day to help me with this concern of mine.  
"Whether there will be scarring or not depends on your health and immune status and the depth of the mucosa where the cautery has been done."  This statement actually gave me quite alot to think about.  
I am 20 years old.  I jog every morning and go to the gym every evening; 5 times a week. I have a balanced diet.  I hope this is sufficient for the healing process..
oh and one more thing how long would it take for this to heal?  
Sorry if I'm being to persistent with this question,s I'm just really concerned that I may end up with a deformed looking lower lip.

Kind Regards,

Michael
..Sorry!
another thing I would like to ask that is quite important.  I couldn't find the edit button so I'll post it as another reply.   For the situation I have do I  have to do anything to it? at the area where it is cauterized do I apply anything at night? morning? or just leave it completely dry.  I completely have forgotten what my doctor has told me to do to help it heal fast and stay clean.

Yours sincerely,

Michael
It has been Day 2 and my lower lip is still really swollen, when I close my mouth it is pretty visible that the left side of my lower lip is bigger than the right side.
Is this normal? will it return to back to symmetry?  
Thank you

Best Regards,

Michael
You are of course taking a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy fitness regime. The wound from cautery will take approximately 2-3 weeks to heal over. The scar will initially be red and raised but usually reduces in color and size over several months.
You have to leave the wound dry for 36 months and then after that wash the lesion and pat dry with a soft towel. Then apply little Vaseline on the lesion for the moisturisation. If there is persistent redness or pain, then possibility of infection has to be ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

. The scar will initially be red and raised but usually reduces in color and size over several months.

Like is that noticeable?!  several months oh my. "Red and raised.." that concerns me on how it may look after the '2-3 weeks' process is complete.

and when you said 3 years my heart sunk.  Does this mean I will have to live with a fat lip for that long? (if I understood what you meant correctly)

Yours Sincerely,

Michael