A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
1234057 tn?1267744537

IS IT HERPES?!?!?! help!

Okay so i noticed my lip felt funny, so i grabbed my lip, pulled it up and looked in the mirror
their is a strange flesh colored blister with a yellow tint on my lip
im stressing that this is herpes! it has not poped open or bleed or anything
their is no fluid inside that i know of, its like theirs an air pocked underneath my skin
its freaking me out and i tryed to terr it off but it ripped my lip so i stopped

i really need to know what this is
and if it is herpes or not
please help!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
You have not mentioned whether this blister is inside the lips on the mucosa or on the outside lips. If it is inside the lip then possibility of this being due to canker sore or mucocele are more because herpes usually do not produce any lesions inside the lips.
Canker sores are small shallow ulcers that appear in the mouth and often make eating and talking uncomfortable. They are generally caused by  Stress, tissue injury, eating certain foods – including citrus or acidic fruits and vegetables or underlying health condition, such as an impaired immune system; nutritional problems, such as vitamin B-12, zinc, folic acid, or iron deficiency; and gastrointestinal tract disease, such as Celiac disease and Crohn's disease.

Herpes simplex type I blisters or Cold sores or fever blisters are one and the same thing. Unlike canker sores, cold sores are caused by a virus and are extremely contagious. Also, cold sores typically appear outside the mouth – usually, under the nose, around the lips, or under the chin while canker sores occur inside the mouth.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions