54k Members

ITCH I CANT STOP!

Hi im a 29 year old male with a problem i just cannot get rid of. Its a rash round the scrotum . ill give details and what i have tried so far.

Had if for approximately 1 year and have since not had any sexuall intercourse because of it. it started with like a rash just like when u shave your lower area like the red skin type. but it has since spread round the genital area.

ssay you pull your underwear down it starts there then around the the genitals. its a very red in colour itch but does not spread no further. its a a sharp line all the way round but the itching is intense. its like u can scratch till u bleed its that bad.

Other symptoms to make me think its fungul is that i get the white kind of infection on my nails on my hands they become like flakey?

This to me sounded like Jock itch or something along those lines so...
I tried all types of over the counter cream , Daktarin , Fungul sprays , Lamisil , i have spent alot of money and literrally tried every of the counter cream. I know that i have to go to my doctors but he told me before yes its a fungus infection and to use creams.

I just think i need something alot stronger and really dont know what the answer is.

'Jock itch causes itching or a burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds, or anus. It may involve the inner thighs and genital areas, as well as extending back to the perineum and perianal areas.'

You could read more about the condition at the following link -

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/jock-itch/DS00490

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_Itch

You could apply calamine lotion at the sites, keep the area well moisturized and wash the sites frequently. Avoidance of sun exposure would help too.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.