Irratation when shaving

after shaving maybe a day or two after i get itchy... red and is very irratant.. my skin is very sensitve to shaving foams and gels and have tried everything on the market on that.. i use soap and hot water at the moment and i still get it.. i cant use anything like neet or nair cause it irratates me to no end and i end up having to wrap my legs up with bandages and medicated salve. is there anything else i can use.. i have done waxing and that is so time consuming.. any suggestions ?
I am also having this problem with my legs breaking out after shaving my hair, usually when it starts to grow back.  I use sensitive skin shaving gel.  I have also tried those anti-bump creams that contain some antihistimine and aloe as well as cortaid.  Neither seem to be helping.  Is my only solution waxing?  I also agree that this is pricey and time-consuming.  Please help us...