Irritation

I have recently experienced redness and irritation around the meatus that comes and goes. I have been to two different GP's, both of which tested urine for any possible STD's. All the results of the urine culture's came back normal; I have had two different runs of Cipro that seemed to help but not cure? The only symptoms I seem to have is redness of the meatus, no dicharge etc... etc....The sensation is that of constantly having soap burning at the tip of the penis! Are there any suggestions???

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but as all STD’s have been ruled out,so it can be due to urethritis or contact dermatitis. Urethritis (an inflammation of the urethra) is usually obvious because of a urethra discharge and there is often burning with urination.

A contact dermatitis means that the penis is coming in contact with something it is allergic to.  The common products would be bathing soap, detergent used for laundering, industrial products on the hands that are not washed thoroughly before urinating, feminine hygiene substances your partner might use, sexual lubricants, condom preservatives, etc.

Pls use a mild soap like dove and mild detergent for laubdry washing.Also use cotton undergarments and wash your hands before voiding.If the symptoms persist then it would be better to consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.