Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
54k Members

Is there a cure for Red Sack syndrome?

Have all the staples of RSS, burning sensation, hard to walk, impossible to exercise. I had unprotected sex with a partner who i am in a relationship with so im sure it's not an STD. but after sex I didnt clean up immediately, laid in bed for an hour after sex before showering. then this past monday I exercised hard twice and ended up showering three times in that day. I think the combined irritation sent it into full blown RSS. Tuesday/Wednesday were the worst. Hurt, always damp and moist. Thursday-Saturday it has been getting better but its still painful and gets a lot worse at night. Do I look into diet? I only wash with cetaphil gental cleanser and apply cerave moisturizer after showers. thats all iv done for treatment.
1 Responses
209987 tn?1451935465
Best bet? Avoid showering daily for awhile. Water is an enemy ( believe it or not )  to the skin.
Try to get as much fresh air in that area as you can...housecoat time!

Post this on the Alternative Forum as well. They have tons of great ideas over there!
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions