Is there a maximum number of laser treatments?

Hi, I've been receiving pulse dye laser treatment for a scar on my cheek. I've gotten a total of 6 treatments and my scar has progressively improved. Although I realize complete elimination of the scar is not possible, I feel like improvement can still be made. Is there a maximum number of laser treatments where they stop being effective or will my scar continue to show improvement as long as I continue to receive laser treatment? Also, is it dangerous in any way to keep getting laser treatment? Thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No, there's no maximum.  You should continue them until you and your doctor see that no further improvement is happening.  The pulsed dye laser is non-invasive, so there's no cumulative effect on the skin, and no risk of permanent damage.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions