Itchy Rashes

Since returning from holiday 2 weeks ago I have been suffering bouts of itchiness accompanied by very fine small bumps (like heat rash) all over my body.
I had it on holiday and assumed it was heat rash although I have never suffered with it before.
But since being back in the Uk im still suffering!
Somewhere itches - I scratch it - the bumps come up - then after half an hour they go away. And it will happen one day - at some point in the day each part of my body will itch and come up in a rash.
Then I wont itch for perhaps 2 days.
This has been happening on my hands, ankles, arms, back, neck, legs and its driving me crazy!
Any ideas?
One of the possibilities for such itchy rashes that come and go is of hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. You may take oral antihistaminics like benadryl or zyrtec.Also apply calamine lotion as it has a soothing effect on the skin. You can apply a mild steroid cream but use it after a dermatologist’s prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.