A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Itchy blisters

have been getting very small itchy blisters on various spots

on my arms and legs.  The small blisters develop and immediately itch intensely, which is how I know they're there.  They have a clear fluid inside, with no puss.  When I scratch

them in my sleep or when they break, they often weep a little  amber colored liquid.  Also, when I scratch

them, more tiny blisters will develop around the original blister, signifying an infection.  These broken

blisters often leave  (little open sores) which can be difficult and slow to heal.  These outbreaks seem to come in waves, as I'll often go weeks or even a month or two without a sign of blisters, itching

, or infection.  I have never had any white puss or swelling

redness around these troublesome blisters/vesicles, which isn't like any normal skin infection I've ever had before.  Can anyone help me diagnosis this problem please?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
One possibility is of plant contact eczema where the smaller vesicles have joined up to form a blister. On the sun exposed areas of the arms and legs porphyria cutanea tarda may cause blisters and skin fragility and erosions. A biopsy skin can confirm the diagnosis for which you should consult a dermatologist. Till the, wear cotton clothes and apply Neosporin cream to prevent any infection of the open sores.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions