54k Members

Itchy face after face wash

I noticed that I have irritated skin after face wash or shower, ofcourse i have some light rashes due to dry skin, but it was not itchy as before.

Please help me in replying back with a solution.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.