Itchy legs

My partner is 26, and very often he has fits of really painfully itchy legs, for no reason. sometimes he would take trousers off and it would start, sometimes had shower, sometimes sleeping in the bed. We have tried all possible methods, doctorates can not see any dermatological cause for that itch. Could you please help us and advise what can we do to stop itching at list temporarily. I would be very grateful for help. He is in pain and doctors cant help.
Hi there,
There are many causes of itchy legs like dry skin, acne, folliculitis, cholinergic urticaria, jock itch etc.In conditions like stasis eczema there are rough reddish, purplish, swollen, itchy skin on lower legs. In restless leg syndrome there is a constant urge to move legs that become itchy or tingling during rest. Peripheral vascular disease, venous insufficiency, blood clot in the legs all can lead to severe pain in the legs. Venous insufficiency can cause swelling, burning, itching and skin color changes. A clinical check up and investi8ations like Doppler study for blood flow may help. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards!