Itchy lumps around scar tissue

I had a c-section 4 years ago and find from time to time my scar develops raised, red, itchy lump(s) that last a few hours then go away. Sometimes they are quite large and leave swelling behind. I can track it down to tight clothing sometimes, but not always.

I have a theory that it happens when I am fighting off a virus as I often get it a few days before getting a cold but my doctor raised his eyes when I mentioned that.

Has anyone else had this?
I  have  those  come  up  around  my  surgery  scars  and  around  a  scar  from  where  I  had  a  ringworm  infection  a  few  years  ago. They  do  only  last  a  short  time, and  they  itch  like  crazy. I  too  have  mentioned  this  too  my  doctor  and  she  couldn't  come  up  with  anything. The  only  thing  she  could  think  is  that  maybe  it's  the  body's  way  of  responding  to  the  scar  tissue. (?) I  have  tried  looking  it  up  in  medical  books  and  all  over  the  internet, and  I  have  come  up  with  nothing.

I'm  relieved  to  hear  that  I'm  not  alone. I  thought  I  was  going  crazy.  
I had a major surgury 6 years ago and it seems like I am experiencing the same thing. I havent been able to associate it with anything in particular but it scares the **** out of me. Seems to come and go relatively quick though, if anyone knows what it could be that would be awesome.

This may be case of dermatitis. Some forms of dermatitis occur in sites of mechanical injury or trauma. Another thing to consider here is a keloid formation.

Does anyone of you have previous experience with keloids? Keloids refer to enhanced scar development in areas of wound healing.It is important however to exclude any form of superficial surgical site infection as this may require further evaluation and administration of antibiotics.

This may not be an urgent case. The process of wound healing may involve congestion, swelling and even itching of the affected area. I suggest that you have this evaluated by your physician/surgeon. Topical antibiotics may be able to help.
I had a lung biopsy in Dec. 2007 and the area where they cut in, under my right arm, itches so much that I scratch all night long.  The area has a scar and it itches from 1 to 3 days unrelentently.  I thought wearing a bra that was too snug caused the itch, but then I took off bra and it still itched.  I have used topical anti itch creams as well as antibiotics.  Since 2007, this has happened about 5 times, all horribly painful.  I would like to know what this is so that I can prevent it or treat it upon onset.
Mine is definitely related to having a virus I've decided but yes I have also had at least one keloid scar. It lasted a few years then went away within a week, bizarre. I was advised to never have cosmetic surgery, ha ha.

My c-section scar doesn't look like a keloid scar though.
I burned the back of my arm a few years ago by a black light bulb.  My arm touched the light bulb for literally a second and gave me second degree burns.  About a year ago, four small bumps have appeared on the edge of the scar- three in a row and one on the opposite side of the scar.  Now, a year after they formed, they are itching like crazy!!!  I've read over some things on the internet and it seems the general concensus is just that the scar tissue is still healing, causing the itching.  But I'm not sold on this.  It's kind of freaking me out!  Does anyone know about this???  Thanks.
Rachel