Itchy skin problem

My (nearly) 9 month old child has suffered with itchy skin for a while now, I saw my G.P and was told that he had eczema with thrush. This is situated on the elbows. After a few weeks I noticed that one of the patches on his elbow had turned into a circle and was scaly and bumpy.
Looking on the web and seeing some of the pictures it looks to me like it could be 'Ringworm'. I would appreciate your comment before I take my son to the doctors.

Without examination,diagnosis is tough but the various possibilities for such kind of rash are atopic dermatitis or eczema,contact dermatitis, fungal infections(ringworm) or allergies.

In ringworms,circular red itchy patches with a smooth centre and appearing as patches any where on the body are there.Caused by contact with an infected person or pet or towels or other things of usage.

I feel that examination by a dermatologist will be the best as confirmation can only be done after external examination,wood lamp examination and microscopic examination of the skin scrapings.Mode of treatment for all above possibilities is different.

Hope it helps.take care and pls do keep me posted on how your child is doing and if you have any additional queries.