Itchy skin

About 3 months ago, my skin started to become extremely itchy. I changed everything from shampoos, soaps, lotions, to detergents. I also stopped taking in my bcp and vitamin B supplements believing those were the cause of my itch. To this day, I still have the itch. I itch all over the body, from legs, arms, upper body, back, and sometimes my head. I also noticed hives on my face. I have noticed before I start to itch the areas, the area is already turning red, with tiny (pin-point) bumps, usually skin colored, sometimes pimply, and sometimes hivey. I take benadryl at night and that seems to calm the itching. However, when I skip a dosage, I will go back to itching. From what I mentioned, can anyone tell me what is causing this annoying itch of mines? Allergies? Hormonal? Overdose of Vit B?  Think it's coming from a serious illness?
Such kind of itchy skin all over can be due to allergies, hives, scabies internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders,diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods .

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. He/She will start with the specific medications. If an internal disease is found, whether it's kidney disease, iron deficiency or a thyroid problem, treating that disease often relieves the itch. Lastly,Phototherapy can also be tried.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.