Itchy skin

today when I took a shower, my legs,thighs, and part of my arms started to itch. why? Also later on during the day I kept on itching. Why is this? I always use jergens lotion and I never used to get this. (i do take hot showers though, but this is the first time I'm itching like crazy)
These symptoms can be due to allergies or dermatitis skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.
For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.