Itchy spots on skin

I appear to have small spots on my arms, hands, fingers, armpits and now thighs and lower tummy. The spots are extremely itchy causing the skin to break when scratching. I thought that it may have been psoriasis however my close family who I live with have now started to have the same itching in the same places.

PLEASE HELP!

As both of you are having the same features,so I think that scabies needs to be ruled out first of all. Scabies is an infestation by the itch mite. Scabies produces small red bumps and blisters and affects specific areas of the body. It may involve the webs between the fingers, the wrists or other folds of body.

Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

Psoriasis is a non contagious disease which affects the skin and joints. It commonly causes red scaly patches to appear on the skin. Skin rapidly accumulates at these sites and takes on a silvery-white appearance.The lesions described you don’t sound like psoriasis.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist as without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough.