Large, bruised hard knot near anus

My husband fell last week hitting on his rear end.  For a couple of days there was a small bruise near the anus with no symptoms - suddenly there is a knot almost the size of a tennis ball, with the bruise increasing in size and sudden pain this morning.  What is happening - should I take him to the ER, or can it wait till tomorrow?
The hard knot can be due to a hematoma formation. It is because of blood trapped in tissues.This blood may need to be drained by a doctor. Till then apply warm compresses and give some anti inflammatory analgesics( pain killers) like Ibuprofen to your husband.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.