Large pimples or boils that leave purplish scars on inner part of thigh.

I occasionally  get large pimples or boils on the inner part of my thighs and even though it's  rare I've also had them underneath my breasts. They usually appear during a time when I'm under a lot of stress. I've gotten them off and on since I was about 12 years old. I'm told that my grandmother suffered from these as well as my mother. Some have been rather large (approx. 2-3inch diameter and at lease 1/2 inch above my skin) and are extremely painful. When I've lanced them myself a horrible smelling puss oozes out that is usually greenish yellow and sometimes has blood in it. Occasionally, I get a few small ones in one area and they seem to form into one huge sore with multiple pockets, almost like a grouping of pimples with separate heads on them. They've left small purplish scars and even in severe cases have left craters in my skin for weeks after being lanced. I've been researching this problem as it is embarrassing to discuss with anyone. What is the most probably cause of these sores and is there a specific name for them. Also, what can be done to prevent them or treat them to keep them from getting so large that I have trouble walking or sitting down and is there anything that can be done about the scars I have or preventing more scars from forming?
These can be due to boils or carbuncles. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.