Lint bugs that bite me constantly and no one else?

For a week now I have had bugs that look like little fuzzys or lint that bite me constantly.  I live with my brother and he doesn't get bothered at all.  It got so bad that I was at a family picnic type thing and I pretty much started freaking out. I used to have a drug problem and half my family thought I was on meth or something. Whatever they are they are literally driving me crazy. I get them all over me when I'm in bed but if I go outside or go to work I still get the things landing on me and biting. If I say anything to anyone they look at me like I'm crazy but know there real. I've seen them that there barely visible in to almost fly size. Bites from the tiny ones feel the same as the bites from the bugs ones.  
If anyone knows what they are or anyway to deter the things in anyway please let me know before they do drive me completely nuts. Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Carpet beetles. Reesa vespulae. Their larvae eat cotton, wool, silk, hair, animal fur and dead skin cells, as well as dry foods. You need to call an exterminator. Throw away all clothes and bedsheets that have holes in them. Store all clothes in air-tight containers. Vacuum daily. Iron all clothes. Store all foods in glass jars.  The larvae shed hairs which can get under skin. That is what people think is morgellons. No it' s just carpet beetles.
Helpful - 2
Can you have carpet Beatles in a home with no carpet?  Seriously because kinda sounds like my concer
YES, you absolutely can have carpet beetles in your home even if you have no carpeting. My house is currently infested with carpet beetles and rodent mites,  (from rats that was in my attic prior to hurricane Sally) that went undetected for a very long time because most exterminators in my area are not knowledgeable enough about them. They kept telling me I was probably being bitten by baby fleas or something, BUT, I KNEW it was NOT baby fleas! It all began when little fuzzballs kept landing on me and would bite/sting me. I was having severe allergic reactions to whatever this was. Huge welts would appear then big and small sores would be all over my body and scalp. My poor cat started acting very strange. For instance, she started violently trying to jerk her nails out and would wake from a dead sleep,  jump off the couch and would take off running as fast as she could then would slam herself into the back door and she started hiding a lot and started staring at walls for long periods without blinking. Her hair looks very bad. It looks bent, electrocuted and frazzled and has the same black looking things or strands of hair that I do.  She began throwing up a LOT and her stools were sometimes the blackest black I've ever seen. She's been at the vet for about 2 months now because I was not about to let her suffer. They bathed, dipped and cut her hair then applied her regular 3 month Bravecto. I FINALLY found out on my very own what was in the small and big lint balls. It was the carpet beetles, their larvae, their frass and sometimes a few of their eggs. I'm a huge researcher so I spent countless hours researching my symptoms, my cats symptoms and some of my damaged clothing and furniture. I compared my tons of specimens and pictures to the ones on the web and found the answer. I immediately started researching exterminators in my area that deals with carpet beetles and mites and just paid them a hefty price to get rid of them. My home and the inside and out of my body is so severely infested, I fear the exterminator won't be able to get rid of all of them. They're in my ears, eyes, nose, mouth, under my nails, covered in my hair and EVERYWHERE else on me and it literally freaks me out. Its so DISGUSTING!!! It was just recently that I diagnosed the major problems. I shared the MANY  pictures I took along with specimens I caught with clear tape of carpet beetles, the larvae, the eggs, the frass and the weird looking lint mixed with strange looking webbing, other bug parts, such as legs, headless bugs,  etc. with the exterminator and they instantly agreed it was in fact, carpet beetles and mites. THANK YOU GOD for guiding me as I frantically searched for answers because my kids had distanced themselves from me because of the constant stress I created while constantly being tortured by what only looked like  "lint balls" to them. They now know the truth. This past Friday, the exterminators started their first intensive treatment and they told me I'd already see a big difference when I was allowed to return home and they were right. I'm still seeing some here and there in the house, but nothing near like before. Im about to treat my body by soaking in a hot tub with about 2 cups of Borax laundry detergent added to it then I'll  pour a good amount of Apple Cider Vinegar in my hair and let it sit a few minutes then rinse it out. Then I'm adding a little more of said Vinegar to my shampoo and conditioner. The Apple Cider Vinegar kills the larvae on contact, according to many peoples comments I've read, as well as many websites mentioning it. The Borax kills them on your skin. Look at the bottom of the tub after you drain the water out. You'll be shocked at what you're seeing. I've had zero problems using the Borax. I use it about once a week. The exterminators come again in 2 weeks to do another intensive treatment. After that, hopefully I can bring my sweetest cat ever, back home. God, I miss her so very much! Since childhood, I've had clinical depression, PTSD, anxiety with panic attacks, etc and this infestation has amplified all of that. I'm so hoping for a peaceful environment but it will take some time for my PTSD and anxiety with panic attacks to settle down.
We are dealing with this going on 5 months. Any at breaking point. We left our home sold both cars and move moved to Mexico to be treated. No one can tell us what it is. Please I beg you for your help.
I do understand I have shaved all my hair off I mean every where it hasn't fixed the issue but a lot of relief.
Helpful - 0
Hi there.  Do you ever 'see' the bugs?  I don't doubt that something is irritating you regardless if it is a true bug or something else.  Shaving the entire body is a lot but if it helps, then it helps. Have you ever seen a dermatologist? One thing that I've read about is dust mites.  They are pretty harmless and don't bit us. BUT, they leave microscopic feces on the skin that some people, not all, have an allergic reaction to.  I wonder if treating this as an allergy wouldn't resolve it?  Something to talk to your doctor about.  
Yes I have seen 3 dermatologist and 2 skin samples to the lab and they found nothing I'm really thinking my skin is not shedding like its supposed to but I scrapped my skin earlier and all this dead skin just kept coming off plus my skin looks like dust is all over it
Hi I hope this helps get a sealed bucket put extremely hot water put just a days clothes in it put nail Polish remover which is acid tone not a lot just so the water changes colors seal your clothes in it for a hour then pour water and clothes in to machine wash with detergent as normal dry normal take a shower put the clothes on nothing can live through that I have been doing this for a week now I feel so much better I suspect some insect that multiples quickly I got ortho bug spray I plan on cleaning all my clothes all at the same time and cleaning the room just it is acid tone paint thinner I wouldn't get it on you're skin but it kills anything alive in our clothes
***@****
i've been dealing with the same horrible thing! i definitely think it's linked to mold, but I still feel like they're bugs or living organisms. I bought a home test kit for mold off Amazon that provides you with Petri dishes to see if mold will grow on it. The plates grew so many colonies! I'm currently awaiting the analysis report from the lab. You should try it too! At least maybe it'll determine whether mold is our issue or a contributing factor! If you'd like, you can email me ***@**** to further discuss!
Helpful - 0
We are going through hell for 4 months. How did you treat and get rid of it? Please help
i to wonder if it isn't  a mold or fungus. i been thru everything that everyone has, from stinging bites? to lint balls that seem to shoot off in different directions. i seen a piece of a leaf moving different when i was cieaning my truck and took a close up picture and you can see the black bubble looking stuff. it's  going on 6 yrs for me still fighting em. anyway good luck.
Listerine I have been only using it for 2 days am I haven't Itched to much I feel a change do i t constantly throughout the day
Helpful - 0
We are dealing with this going on 5 months did you get rid of it and how? Please help
It goes on forever. 5 years here. Treated but not cured
They’re definitely carpet beetles. I don’t have carpet either. It was part of the biochemical attack when the Chinese hit us with the Covid in January 2020. If you research the US govt hit Korea with carpet beetles when they first played with the idea of biochemical warfare during the Korean War. So the Chinese just took a chapter from our book and hit us back with it along with Covid.
Helpful - 0
I've had it 5years. Definitely remember the day it happened
Take Evening Prim Rose Oil it might help. I know it cleared my eczema but I take it once a day. A friend of mine had the lint issue and the Evening Prim Rose helped with some Benadryl. I'm going off experience though. I hope it helps if you try it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community