Lump on forearm

I just found a lump on my left forearm, about an inch above my wrist. It's about 1.5 inches long, oblong, flat on top, and painless. It feels rubbery with a softer spot in the center, where I notice it looks a bit yellow or pale, and I can move it slightly.  I'm making an appointment with my doctor, but would be grateful for any insight or impressions. It seemed to appear suddenly...unless I somehow missed it, which is unlikely.

This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a ganglion.Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually cold compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

A ganglion cyst is a swelling that often appears on or around joints and tendons in the hand or foot.Its treatment mainly includes aspiration or excision.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist or surgeon  and discuss the above possibilities with him to confirm a diagnosis.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.