Lump with black spot & pain

A few years ago I noticed I had a lump on my upper back towards the left shoulder it at the time also had a small black dot in the middle.  I experienced pain with it as well.  I thought it went away so I thought nothing of it until recently I noticed it is still there and the black dot is a little bigger and the pain is more intense this time with it.  It is like a burning pain that generates around the lump and continues to my upper back & neck areas, with intense pain in the lump area.  Itchiness also accompanies the pain.

I have no clue what it is, what it could be or if it is anything serious. The pain, however, is making it difficult to work and is slowing me down. Any insight would be appreciated.
It sounds like an infected sebaceous cyst. You are having this pain because it is pressing on the nerves supplying the area. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,  then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.