Maniac moles

I took my son to the dermatologist today for a small spot 3mm between his toes that looked like it had expnding borders.  The Dr. diagnosed it as a Maniac Mole and stated that it is not anything of concern.  I can't find anything on it on the internet searches I have done.  Has anyone heard of this, or can you give my any more information?  Thanks!

Moles, or nevi, are frequently removed for a variety of reasons. They can be removed by 2 surgical methods:

- Excision (cutting) with stitches: Click here to view step-by-step photos of this type of mole removal.
- Excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole): Click here to view step-by-step photos of this type of mole removal.

Although laser has been tried for moles, it is not usually the method of choice for most deep moles because the laser light doesn't penetrate deeply enough.

Typically, the doctor or dermatologist (a skin specialist) may choose excision with or without stitches depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for this and then decide the further plan of management.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.