Mole Removal Scar

About three months ago i had a few moles removed off my face by the shaving technique. My first question involves the scarring. My dermo that perfromed the mole removal did not seem very knowledgeable for the treatment of the scars that would be left in place of the moles. So i tried bouncing ideas off him but he was not very responsive so I just decided to use mederma. It has worked sorta well and yes i have been using it three times every day for the past three months and im just not very satisfied with the results. So i was wondering if there was something stronger that is available for me to use. Also my second question involves these two moles that were removed both are diffrent in color. One is darker more faded color and the other is larger in size and is a more pinkish color than all the rest an both are raised above my skin. The rest are not. So I was wondering why might this have happened and what am i able to do that will lower the scars. When I went to my dermotogist it was about the small faded color one. And i was told to apply neosporin to it and it should lower soon. Well its been two months since than and it is still raised. The pinkish color one became raised about a month and a half after the mole removal. I have not seen my dermo for this one because it cost 50 dollars every time i go there for a follow up. But for a side note i was rubbing vitamin e capsule oil on each of the scars for about a month after the scabs fell off.
The lesion that you have described sounds like a scar with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment.Apply hydroquinone cream on this scar and it should go away in a few days to months.If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Avoid picking, harsh scrubbing, and abrasive treatments unless prescribed by a dermatologist during this period.

Also the color of moles may vary from light to dark.So no need to worry. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.