Mole Removal

I have a brown,flat mole thats about the size of a pencil eraser. I hate it! Its on the left side of my nose in full view. Im really self-conscious about it. Some people tell me they like it and I really dont care what other people think of it. its only that I hate it.
Since its right on my face if i had it removed I really wouldnt want ANY scar or mark from it. I also and freaked out about stitches. Is there a way to remove it with out a scar?

Moles, or nevi, are frequently removed for a variety of reasons. They can be removed by 2 surgical methods:

- Excision (cutting) with stitches: Click here to view step-by-step photos of this type of mole removal.
- Excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole): Click here to view step-by-step photos of this type of mole removal.

Although laser has been tried for moles, it is not usually the method of choice for most deep moles because the laser light doesn't penetrate deeply enough.

Typically, the doctor or dermatologist (a skin specialist) may choose excision with or without stitches depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for this and then decide the further plan of management.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.