Mole removal

I recently got a referral from my Family Doc to visit a Dermatoligist today in reference to a mole on my face that bothers me when I wear my glasses. The mole seems to slowly be getting bigger and as the bottom of my glasses hit it, it gets irritated and sometimes bleeds. The Dermatologist took one look at it today and told me to get smaller glasses (I had contact on so he didn't even see my glasses that are already small enough). He told me that he will only work on my face if necessary and he won't remove the mole because it will leave a scar, then told me to consider it a beauty mark. It's the size of a pencil eraser now and it's just ugly on top of irritating. Is there anything else I can do to have this removal covered by insurance? If not, how much would something like this cost out of pocket? Please help me :(  
the dermatologist is right because chances are there that mole removal can cause scarring but you can get a laser resurfacing or a plastic surgery done to cover the scarring if any. There are many procedures of mole removal like by shave or deep elliptical excision, excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole) and laser removal. Your dermatologist may choose excision with or without stitches, depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.