Mole removal

I had a large mole removed from under my arm, which I have had for a very long time, there was also another one starting to grow above it. The doctor only removed the large one and he cut it off with scissors. What is to keep it from growing back? What do I do about the other one that was left should I go back and make them remove it? If just cutting it off it can grow back I do not know if I should go back or go to someone else; although they have already charged me to remove the one.
Moles, or nevi, are frequently removed for a variety of reasons. They can be removed by 2 surgical methods:

Excision (cutting) with stitches or Excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole).

Although laser has been tried for moles, it is not usually the method of choice for most deep moles because the laser light doesn't penetrate deeply enough.

Typically, the doctor or dermatologist (a skin specialist) may choose excision with or without stitches depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired.
ref:http://www.emedicinehealth.com/mole_removal/article_em.htm

Usually once removed it will not recur in the same place.You should discuss the surgery and all its implications before the procedure with your doctor.