Molluscum question

I was recently diagnosed with Molluscum and I was wondering how likely it is for me to actually get this infection by wearing someone else's clothes or touching an object with these germs present? How long does the virus stay on clothes and objects and how long does it live outside the body? Why does this infection occur in humid climates more often and since auto-inoculation is a big problem with this infection.. if i were to to touch a lesion with my hand.. would it first appear on my hand and then anywhere I touched? Thank you in advance.
Molluscum Contagiosum is transmitted through direct contact or via a fomite. A fomite is an inanimate object on which the virus can live for a short period of time. Examples of fomite transmission are sharing of towels and utensils that have been in direct contact with the infected area. So it can be transmitted by wearing the clothes of an infected individual and because of its body structure, the virus flourishes in humid climate and crowded places. You can get the virus by autoinoculation after touching the lesions and then touching other body parts.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thank you. How long does the virus live outside the body in fomites and does washing clothes get rid of the virus? Is there a special way to wash clothes to kill it or should I buy new clothes? Also, to spread.. does the lesion have to be an open wound and/or bleeding for it to spread to other areas? I've quit shaving the area because the NP said it could have been spread that way.. so do you think it would all start going away after that? Would buying an over-the-counter wart remover be safe and effective in getting rid of Molluscum or should I just go down and get the Aldara for 75$? I ask these questions because it appears more are forming and I'd like to get rid of them ASAP.
Sorry for all the questions, I cannot seem to find the answers anywhere on the internet. Thanks again. =)