Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

More on Lump in Forearm

I also have a lump on the lower right forearm. About a year and a half ago, I had an open worker's comp case. Doctors did everything they could to rule out carpal tunnel syndrome. Not one to push, I let the case close. Occasionally, my right hand goes very numb and cold, and the lump will ache. I saw my regular doctor after the wc case closed and he wasn't very helpful either. My situation is very frustrating. I have given up hope of someone telling me what's really wrong. I fear there is really something going on, have absolutely no desire to make anyone responsible, but am afraid if it's something serious, it's only going to get worse with time. I have never had an MRI; would this help? Can you tell me what type of doctor I might get the best results with, and possible suggest how to manage this topic so the treating doctor doesn't develop an immediate bias.

This discussion is related to lump under skin on forearm.
5 Responses
Avatar universal

It would be best to consult with a surgeon to rule out a cystic lesion or ganglion.

What is the exact site that you mention?

Are there any associated symptoms? Let the doctor decide whether you need to get an MRI done or not after a clinical examination.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and post us about what your doctor advises.

Avatar universal
I have been to my personal doctor as well as multiple doctors as this started out to be a worker's compensation claim, and I have only been told to take ibuprofen. I feel like the doctors are afraid to treat, because it was a former wc case. Well because I was not getting treatment, I felt no need to continue processing things through the worker's comp insurance and requested they close the case.

Now I am just trying to get some answers. The lump is in both the right arm and the left arm, but much more predominate in the right. It is on the inner forearm, about 3 inches below the inner elbow and slightly to the left.
Avatar universal

Well, due to the limitations of this mode of medical help or advise i would have to ask you to consult a surgeon or skin specialist for a clinical examination.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

Let us know about what the doctors tell you and post us if you need any further information.

Avatar universal
I also have noticed a lump under my skin on my forearm about 3 inches below where the crease in my elbow bends a little to the left. It only is sore when I push on it to find it to show my husband that it is a little bigger than last time.  I am planning to make an appt. with the doctor.  Should I make it with my family doctor or a specialist of some kind?  What cold this be?
Avatar universal
Im sure it is nothing serious but I have several lumps on both my right and left forearm. There is a fairly large one located just behind my left elbow. I have had some of them for quite a long time however the newer smaller ones are more recent.

Any advise on this would be appreciated.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions