My 7-year-old son has purple pimples on his right arm and leg

My son, who also has eczema and very dry skin, has developed small bumps on his right arm and leg. They first appeared on his arm, on the inside of his elbow, as very small, flesh-colored bumps that appeared to be filled with fluid. Then, a bigger purple pimple-like bump appeared on his thigh; it almost seemed to be a black head. This was a few months ago. Since then, more bumps on both his arm and leg have appeared, and most now look like purple or red pimples (although some are still flesh-colored on his arm). He's also developed a patch of them behind his knee on his right leg. They vary in size, but I'd definitely describe them as "pimples." Does anyone have an idea of what they might be? Thank you!