My ongoing skin problem

Ive had that thing called tinea versicolor for about six months now.Im pretty sure i got it from this pool i was practicing at(swim practice).Ive been trying everything,that selsun blue remedy,i keep it on for an hour a day instead of 15 minutes a day.I put coconut oil on my skin quite often too(heard it was anti-fungal). And i took a few vinegar baths,nothing works,theres got to be something im doing wrong...any suggestions? P.S. And theres no way i can afford an appointment with a dermatologist.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Tinea versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.
If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Other possibilities have to be ruled out then. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Helpful - 0
Three days ago I noticed something like a rash close to my left wrist. Its slightly elevated and seems to consist of tiny bumps. It does not really itch unless i touch it and it is a bit darker than my skin colour (dark african american skin). yesterday I found another similar bump on my upper arm close to my elbow. Please I have no idea what this is and I would appreciate if you give me an insight as to what it might be.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community