A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

My ower Lip is look like swelling becoze i got hurt now it look big

dear
sir/mam
i rahul i have a lower lips look like swelling becoze i got hurt at my age of 12 but now i feel it look very bad when i use to see it in mirrior so please help me and tell me how i can make it look like normal is there any way to make it look like normal then please tell me
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Since you had trauma to your lips at a young age and now the lip is appearing bigger , so it can be due to hypertrophic scar formation. The various treatment options for such scars are chemical peel, dermabrasion, laser or resurfacing of scars, soft-tissue augmentation, intralesional steroid injection (keloids) and excisional surgery in selected cases. Please discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions