New Moles at 50

Hi - I am 50 and earlier year a new mole appeared on my abdomen. It is very slightly raised, light brown and symetrical - it is less than the size of a pencil eraser.. I had the doc check it out last month and he said it was fine and nothing to worry about. Last week I notice a spot - about 5 inches above the new mole - which seems to be developing in to another mole.. Should I be concerned about growing new moles at my age?? Should I seek advice of my doc / a dermatologist to reassure me about the first - and the new emerging mole?

Thank you!
It is not an uncommon phenomenon to moles to appear and they can appear at any age group. However keep an eye on the moles. Melanomas are usually >6 mm in size, with irregular borders ,asymmetrical and dark in color.

If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.