Nose skin crater

I have a section of my nose that has cratered, for lack of a better term. Looks like a chicken pox scar. It seems that the collagen or whatever under the skin is gone. Not real deep, but noticeable. Is not the result of any acne or sore, just appeared suddenly. It is about a quarter inch irregular diameter. Now have a smaller section appearing next to it about a year later. Went to a dermatologist who took a sample but found nothing. Any thoughts on this?
Such type of craters can be due to sunken scars. Unfortunately for this type of scarring or pitting, there is no medical cream as such which can treat it but surgical excision by a good plastic surgeon, collagen filling  and laser resurfacing have given promising results.I would therefore recommend these two.All the advertised creams which claim to treat it are an eye wash and although tough for you,but the condition can be treated only from a plastic surgeon or a cosmetologist/dermatologist. Please consult them for these pits.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.