54k Members

Oily Hair around crown of scalp that WONT GO AWAY!

I've had this problem on and off for Id guess about 2 or 3 years. I'm almost 18, so I realize it could be hormones, but I just can't imagine it would cause it to be this bad and also not a constant thing. during the winter it seems
to go away, but recently it's flared up again. I'm considering it could be the weather, I live in Georgia and its starting to warm up?  after I wash my hair and blow dry it, the hair around my crown and about half way down the back of my head remains oily. also the layer of hair under the top near the bottom is also oily.  it doesn't even dry, just straight to oily. recently I switched from a volumizing shampoo, to an "oxygen moisture" shampoo, and now to the head and shoulerrs seborrheic dermatitis shampoo. I've stopped trying to condition altogether since its flared up. I've used all of those and it still persists. I have tried washing my hair differently, making the temperature of the water different, I've tried a 5
minute scalp treatment of ACV + water for before washing my hair. I've tried adding baking soda to my shampoo. I've tried a neutragena T/Sal shampoo. none of it fixes the problem. dry shampoo seems to help a tad, but I can't take it anymore. this makes school unbearable and makes me not want to go anywhere. I have not visited a doctor or a dermatologist yet, but I may. my mom and I are a little convinced it's seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp, but still unsure, as most of the treatments I've seem suggested aren't working.. please please help!