Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Oily skin (T-Zone)

Iv had oily skin for many years. my mom also suffers form it serverly. iv used many products to try to get rid of my oily skin but nothing works. after washing my skin it gets very oily, mainly on my nose within the hour. i want to know what kind of face wash i could use to solve my problem. im not looking for somehting expensive or that i have ot order online.  im tired of always having ot use those oil absorbing sheets.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

Heredity and hormones  play a big part in oily skin.  Aside from these, stress and  wrong cosmetics can also aggravate this condition. There is no specific treatment for oily skin but here are some home remedies that may help with your problem. Clay masks or mud masks may help temporarily. Masks can cleanse the skin of surface greasiness. It is also important to wash your face with warm water and plenty of drying soap. You don't have to buy the expensive type. Make sure you use plenty of the soap and scrub the skin. Astringents with alcohol or  acetone are also helpful because acetone is a great fat and grease solvent. And lastly, use cosmetics that are water-based.  They are made to soak up and cover oiliness but there is no specific ingredient to slow down or stop oil production. Some women find baby powder effective.

Take care and regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions