Oily skin and the pill

Im 16 and I have extremely oily skin, the pores on my face are huge, and breakouts occur regularly on my face. I've tried many skincare routines to combat the oilyness but I am constantly frustrated because many of the products I use do not give me the results that I want. I know that my skin's oilyness is caused by an excessive production of sebum and I have heard that the pill can help to regulate my skin and stop it from being as oily, is this true? If so, what side effect can be caused by the pill, if there are any?
Oral contraceptives are not without side effects and they should not be used only to combat oiliness. It may cause weight gain, flare up of acne, rashes, depression, increased vaginal secretions, irregular periods,nausea, vomiting and melasma. The problem of enlarged pores on face or facial pores is commonly associated with excessive oiliness and acne. The excessive oiliness of the skin is in turn triggered by the hormonal changes in the body.

Large pores can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels.

In my opinion you should discuss these treatment options with a cosmetologist/dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.