Open sore surrounded by blisters on inner thigh

A few days ago I noticed a small sore on my inner thigh. I figured it was from wearing tight jeans and the weather is hot and humid. I put triple antibiotic ointment on it and a bandaid. I've been keeping it clean and dry and covered (only becuse of where it's located if I didn't cover it I wouldn't be able to walk because it rubs) anyway, last night I was getting in the shower and it hurt more than usual so I looked and now there's an open sore still with blisters around it. It would appear that the blisters are filled with clear liquid. I've been with the same man for 2 years and neither of us have std's. I don't know what's it could be of if it can be treated at home.
COMMUNITY LEADER
You were likely on the right trail with thinking it's caused by the heat and humidity, sweating is likely causing some hair follicles to become infected.  You can keep the area clean and try to keep it dry- but I'd say it's a good idea to have a doctor check you out just to be sure of the severity and cause.  

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community