Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Open sore surrounded by blisters on inner thigh

A few days ago I noticed a small sore on my inner thigh. I figured it was from wearing tight jeans and the weather is hot and humid. I put triple antibiotic ointment on it and a bandaid. I've been keeping it clean and dry and covered (only becuse of where it's located if I didn't cover it I wouldn't be able to walk because it rubs) anyway, last night I was getting in the shower and it hurt more than usual so I looked and now there's an open sore still with blisters around it. It would appear that the blisters are filled with clear liquid. I've been with the same man for 2 years and neither of us have std's. I don't know what's it could be of if it can be treated at home.
1 Responses
5536886 tn?1455827346
COMMUNITY LEADER
You were likely on the right trail with thinking it's caused by the heat and humidity, sweating is likely causing some hair follicles to become infected.  You can keep the area clean and try to keep it dry- but I'd say it's a good idea to have a doctor check you out just to be sure of the severity and cause.  
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions