Avatar universal

Penis skin injury help

Penis shaft skin ripped after getting caught on a hook, how should i treat it should i seek a professional? It was ripped from underneath the glands and only the skin was hurt.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
3191940 tn?1447268717
If only the skin was hurt, treat it like any other wound.  Make sure to dry it thoroughly after washing, and do not rub it - rubbing the skin allows bacteria to enter.  Just wash gently, pat dry, and apply antibiotic cream.  If it gets worse - becomes redder, or more swollen and tender, do see a doctor.

These tips might help: https://www.aad.org/public/skin-hair-nails/injured-skin/minor-cuts
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions