Dermatology Forum

Pigmentation

I am a Asian womeen age 48 my complexion is so poor and I have pigmentation all over my face except my forhead, I have to put thick powder on before I go out I tried peeling, and many other different method but nothing seem to really help. I do not know if I am using the wrong cpsmectic products, or its my body system thats causing it I see my younger sister she does not have this problem she is a smoker too ? is there anyways I can be help ? its really bothering me everytime I look into the mirror and its even worst if I look at myself under the sun, I do not have sun damadge.
Jane:

Pigmentaion is a bothersome problem in people of all skin types.  There are many things you can do for it.  To start with, you can buy in the pharmacy with no prescription creams containing 2% hydroquinone.  Applying that once every morning, and using a moisturizer or makeup with SPF 15 or more is likely to help a lot.  If after 2 months you still don't like the way you look, ask a dermatologist to help.  between prescription-strength skin lighteners and light chemical peels, you don't have to suffer withpigmentation you don't want.

Good luck.

Dr. R

My problem is that certain areas of my skin is darker than the rest.  The skin on on eyelid, around my mouth and my eyes. Is there any product that can help me.
My skin around my mouth and eyes are darker compared to the rest of my face.  Is there a cure for this problem?
Gia:

Please look at the advice I gave Jane.  It may help you.

Dr. R
Shakila:

Dr. R
my teenage son has had a skin rash since summer that has not gone away. he presents with tan skin but small dime size or smaller white marks on his neck and shoulders only. it appears as if he was on the beach and sand prevented certain areas from tanning on him. there is no itching or peeling/ scaliness involved. it is difiguring to him and our family doctor has not  given any indication on what this could be or how we can treat it. i have another teenager that appears to have the same thing but to a lesser degree on his arms. any comments or ideas would be appreciated.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions