Possible keloid scar? (8 years after injury..)?

Hello, I am 15 years old and I was in a small bike accident around 8 years ago and ended up having to get a few (11, I think?) stitches on my chin, which were removed a few weeks later. Everything was fine until this past week, when I started seeing that the scar was getting inflated and began hurting as well. I initially thought it was just a pimple so I didn't worry about it, but now, after some research, I see it's starting to look like a keloid scar. None of my relatives have any history of keloid scarring so I do find this quite odd since I read that one is usually genetically predisposed. Now, isn't it quite odd that this happen 8 whole years after the actual injury? What are the other possibilities? I'm going to see a dermatologist soon, but is there any temporary treatment in the meantime to prevent continued growth?

Thank you!

I'm a male, by the way.
From the symptoms the possibility of keloid forming is high. The other possibility is of a hypertrophic scar. Hypertrophic scars are not dangerous and improve with age but keloid scars can itch or become irritated if they grown in size and show some rubbing with the clothes. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and take a second opinion to confirm the diagnosis.

There are several treatment options available for the keloid treatment like mederma (allium cepa), natural treatments like mucin from the snail helix, moist wound dressings made of silicone gel which decreases the prominence of keloid scar over sometime, steroid injections, compression bandages, cryosurgery, and radiation & laser therapy. Surgery can also be done but the recurrence rate is up to 50% and the recurrent scar which develops is actually much bigger in size. Remember that no treatment is 100% effective in the case of keloids.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.