Prurigo Nodularis Awareness

Hi all, I am hoping to raise awareness of prurigo nodularis!

I work at a clinic in Western Europe that specializes in pruritus, or the itch, as it is commonly called. We have recently created a Facebook page to raise awareness for prurigo nodularis, an extremely painful, itchy skin condition that has no exact cause. Many people who suffer from PN have problems with insomnia and depression, socially withdrawing or even finding themselves too ashamed or embarrassed by their nodules and scratch lesions to leave the house. Now I don't mean to go off topic- here at the clinic, studies on all kinds of illnesses and conditions are performed. We work in a large clinic dedicated entirely to dermatology. Everyone here works to make a difference in the lives of others.

I am not sure how it is in other countries, but many people here go to their doctor with a form of pruritus and find themselves not taken seriously. Many are told that their condition is all in their head, others are ignored, and a lot of people live suffering from pruritus (ranging anywhere from mild to life altering) and have never been told that it is treatable, or that treatment can alleviate at least some of the symptoms. We have many elderly patients suffering from pruritus who call us for an appointment saying, "we didn't know there is treatment for this kind of thing". These people have been suffering from pruritus anywhere from 3 months to their whole lives. Every day I am amazed at how lives change here and how much my boss and the doctors do for a diverse group of people from all over Europe.

By asking you to press the 'like' button on our Facebook page, we hope to raise awareness of prurigo nodularis. Pruritus and prurital symptoms remain in general still relatively unknown despite their high prevalence, a fact that we hope to change. I act only as the official translator for the group, but I hope to ask some of the doctors in the clinic to contribute to the page in the future. We hope to see you on the 'prurigo nodularis league' and hear from you.

https://www.************/pages/Prurigo-nodularis-Liga/352198731649789?pnref=lhc